Terms and conditions
Bee Breeders is a trading brand of Concept Labs Limited registered in Hong Kong. Registration No. 2290360. Legal address: Room D, 17/F., Billion Plaza 2, 10 Cheung Yue Street, Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong (hereinafter, “Bee Breeders”).
Bee Breeders sets forth the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) which regulate the architecture and design competitions (the “Competitions”) hosted on https://beebreeders.com (the “Website”). Competitions hosted on the Bee Breeders Website are organised and administered by Bee Breeders (the “Organiser”).
Bee Breeders reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice. Bee Breeders may also create rules which will apply to a specific competition only.
By entering a Competition, the person or team entering the Competition (“Entrant”) agrees to these Terms and Conditions set out below and agrees that all submissions adhere to these Terms and Conditions.
1. Bee Breeders competitions are open to any Entrant aged 18 and over. An individual aged over 18 years must represent Entrants under 18 years of age.
2. Employees of Bee Breeders, members of the judging panel and their employees, associates or family members are prohibited from entering the competition.
3. In order to participate in any Competition, Entrants must register through the Bee Breeders registration panel (“Registration”).
4. Entrants may register and make a submission (“Submission”) either individually or as a team. Entrant teams are restricted to a maximum of four persons.
5. Each Submission must be the original work of the Entrant and must not have been previously published by any of the Entrants or members of Entrant teams.
6. By entering a Submission, the Entrant confirms that the Submission does not infringe the copyright, trade mark, trade secret, design rights or patent rights of any third party. The Entrant assumes full liability for any such infringement, and acknowledges that any Submission in violation of these rights will be immediately disqualified.
7. Entrants are prohibited from the sale, assignment, or transfer of any of their submission rights to a third party.
8. All Submissions must strictly conform to these Terms and Conditions and to the Rules and Guidelines set out in the Competition Brief.
9. Submissions to the Competition should be made solely through the specified upload panel, access to which is granted upon successful Registration. Submissions received by email or any other delivery method will not be considered.
10. In order to enter a Submission, Entrants must complete Registration and pay the registration fee (“Registration Fee”) for each Competition. Once the Registration Fee is received by Bee Breeders, the Entrant will receive an automatically generated confirmation email containing a unique registration code, known as a UIC (see Unique Identification Code below). The Entrant may continue to upload submission edits through the Website control panel up to 24.00, London time, on the date of the Submission deadline.
Ensuring the Integrity of the Competition
11. To ensure Entrant anonymity and to protect the integrity of the Competition, each Entrant shall, upon registering with Bee Breeders, receive a Unique Identification Code (“UIC”). The UIC will be used to administer, organize, process and evaluate the Entrants submissions to the Competition. All information collected regarding the Entrant will be stored under the Entrant’s UIC.
12. All Submissions shall be devoid of any marks, logos, symbols, or signs that may identify its authority or source. Any infringement of these rules will lead to immediate disqualification.
13. The judging panel will be made aware of an Entrant's’ identity only after the winners have been selected.
14. By entering the competition, the Entrant acknowledges and accepts that all aspects of any Submission—including but not limited to narratives, descriptions, details, images, illustrations, and animations and names and images of the Entrants—may be used by the Organiser for publicity purposes.
15. Publications advertised or referenced in the Competition Brief are not binding to the Organiser. The Organiser shall make every effort to follow the announced Publication schedule, but can not be held responsible for Publishers' decisions.
16. Entrants agree to participate in Promotional activities and Publicity arrangements in respect to the Competition. The Organiser is authorised to use all statements made by the Entrant in connection with the Competition without additional approval.
17. The Organiser reserves the right to run promotions on the Website, as well as to discontinue any of its promotions at any time.
Fees and Costs
18. Entrant must submit the Registration Fee at the time of Registration for the Competition.
19. All costs and disbursements incurred by an Entrant in preparing a Submission are the sole responsibility of the Entrant. The Registration fee is non-refundable except in the case when the Competition is suspended.
20. The Entrant Registration Fee is payable in U.S. Dollars through PayPal payment system, by credit card or BitCoin.
21. For online payment processing, Bee Breeders corporate address is as follows: West Coast Inter LP Suite 2, 78 Montgomery Street, Edinburgh, EH7 5JA, Scotland, United Kingdom.
22. Submissions that do not comply with these submission guidelines shall be disqualified. Bee Breeders is under no obligation to notify the Entrant of the disqualified Submission, nor shall Bee Breeders refund any Registration Fees of any disqualified Entries.
23. All Submissions received after the Submission closing date will be automatically disqualified.
Cancellation of the Competition
24. Bee Breeders reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Competition or alter the Competition rules at any stage, if in its opinion it is considered necessary, or if circumstances arise outside of its control. In case of Competition suspension Entrant registration fees shall be returned.
Selection of the Winner
25. The Organiser reserves the right to assign judges, agents, or other authorised administrator to administer its Competitions, including making any decision or exercising such decisions at its discretion. The panel of judges (“Judges Panel”) shall be identified in the Competition materials, but any changes to the Judges Panel shall be at the Organiser’s discretion. Entrants are advised to seek information about the Judges Panel from the Organiser, since establishing and maintaining eligibility for the duration of the Competition is the sole responsibility of the Entrants.
26. The decision of the Judges Panel is final, no appeals will be entertained and no further correspondence shall be entered into.
27. If the selected winning Entrant can not accept, receive or becomes ineligible for the prize for any reason, the prize shall be awarded to the next highest ranking Submission from the remaining entries that meet the winning criteria.
28. Unless stated otherwise in the rules governing a particular Competition, the Organiser’s association with the Judges Panel does not imply any contract, partnership, agency relationship or endorsement of any member of the Judges Panel.
29. Prize is announced in the Competition Brief for each Competition separately.
30. The Organiser will endeavor to send prizes within 30 working days after the Competition result announcement.
31. The role of the Organiser is limited to the administration and management of the competition process. The Organiser will have no further role once the winner has been selected and entrants notified. Should the Competition Brief specify construction of the winning Submission, the Organiser remains in no way connected to the further activities of the Entrant or to the party commissioning the Competition.
32. By submitting a Submission, the Entrant has made a binding commitment to engage with the party commissioning the Competition to the extent necessary for the construction of the winning Submission to take place. The Entrant may not decline to cooperate with the party commissioning the Competition. The party commissioning the Competition undertakes no promise or commitment to actually construct the project in the Submission or as envisioned in the Submission.
Intellectual Property Right and Copyright
33. Upon submitting the Submission, the Entrant and each member of the Entrant team grants to Organiser an unrestricted, worldwide, irrevocable and royalty-free, fully paid up license (but not the obligation) to use his/her Submission or any part thereof as follows: publicly display by any means and in any media now and hereafter known; to copy, modify, translate and/or adapt, archive and distribute in relation to Competitions and Publicity purposes without any further notice or remuneration to the Entrant.
34. Each Entrant further agrees to transfer and assign the entirety of rights in the Submission to the party commissioning the Competition for the purpose of constructing and building the design of the Submission (“Assignment”.)
35. Such Assignment is conditionally and irrevocably entered into by the Entrant upon entering the Submission, and fully takes effect when and if the Submission is selected for a Prize. The Assignment is not conditioned upon the actual construction of the design in the Submission. The Entrant acknowledges that, should such an Assignment take effect, Entrant shall retain no further rights in the Submission.
36. This Assignment shall be memorialized in writing by the Entrant and the party commissioning the Competition as a condition of the Entrant receiving the Prize and being publicly recognized as the winner of the Competition.
37. Should the Submission not be selected for a prize, the Assignment will not take effect and rights in the Submission shall be retained by the Entrant subject to the license rights described above.
38. All credits in connection with the Submission are associated with the registered Entrant’s name or names of the Entrant team. Organiser shall (but is not obliged to) make a reasonable effort to display the author's name on any Submission whenever published or otherwise featured.
Liability and Indemnity
39. By entering the Competition, all Entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Organiser and its partners, representatives and judges from any claims, losses, damages, expenses and liabilities (including attorney’s fees and settlement fees) arising out of their participation, Entrants participation, Submission or any Competition related activities.
40. By entering the Competition, all Entrants agree to release, discharge, and indemnify the Organiser and its partners, representatives and judges from any claims, losses, damages, expenses and liabilities (including attorney’s fees and settlement fees) brought by any third party against the Organiser due to or arising out of the Entrant's Submission, Organiser’s use of Entrant's Submission or Entrant's participation in competition, including claims for copyright and trademark infringement.
41. By entering the Competition, all Entrants agree that any disputes, claims and causes of action between Entrant and Organiser arising out of or connected with a Competition or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of legal action or class action. In case of the legal action or a claim, brought by the Entrant against the Organiser or its agents the Entrant shall pay Organiser’s or its agent’s attorneys’ fees and legal costs arising from the claim should it fail.
42. Unless otherwise stated, Competitions are design concept only and do not imply Organisers intention for the proposals to be constructed or built.
43. These Terms and Conditions are governed by and in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong.